This elegant tart is perfect for a fancy brunch or a dinner party appetizer. The tangy barberries pair well with the creamy goat cheese, and the flaky crust provides an ideal base for the flavors to meld together. Serve it with roasted root vegetables or a mixed greens salad.
Serving: 8 | Calories: 200 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- One sheet of puff pastry thawed
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 1/4 cup USimplySeason Barberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the baking sheet by lightly flouring a surface and rolling out the puff pastry.
- Spread the goat cheese over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the barberries, parsley, and chives over the goat cheese.
- Over the top, drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- For a golden brown crust and melted cheese, bake the tart for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the tart cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Roasted root vegetables (such as beets, carrots, or parsnips)
- Mixed greens salad with a vinaigrette dressing
- Sliced fresh fruit (such as apples or pears)