If you're looking for a dish that is packed with flavor, warmth, and comfort, look no further than this Chicken Tagine with Dried Plums recipe. This Moroccan-inspired dish is a perfect blend of tender chicken, aromatic spices, and sweet dried fruit, making it a perfect meal for any occasion. And the best part? It's easy to make and can be prepared in a tagine or a Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. So, let's get started and bring a touch of Morocco to your dinner table!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons USimplySeason La Kama spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 preserved lemon, pulp removed and rind thinly sliced
- 12 dried plums (prunes), pitted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the sliced onion, black pepper, La Kama spice blend, saffron, and sea salt until evenly coated.
- Cut the preserved lemon rind into thin strips and add to the chicken mixture along with the dried plums, minced garlic, and olive oil. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a tagine or a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Arrange the chicken in a single layer and pour any remaining liquid over the top.
- Cover the tagine or Dutch oven and bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with toasted almonds and chopped cilantro.
Enjoy this flavorful and comforting Chicken Tagine with Dried Plums served with couscous, rice, or crusty bread!